There’s truly no better time to enjoy some pleasantly sweet-smelling peaches than during the hot summer. Although delicious eaten on its own, this simple and light recipe with a flowery aroma is perfect to have with an afternoon cup of tea.
Dietary: Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Egg-free
Preparation time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0
1 tsp black or golden raisins
1 small peach
1 Tbsp orange blossom water
1 Tbsp rose water
2 Tbsp cottage cheese, low fat
4 crushed pistachio kernels
- Place the raisins, orange blossom water, and rose water in a small bowl.
- Allow the raisins to soak for 1 hour until soft and plump.
- Cut the peach into two halves and remove the pit.
- Cut the peach halves into thin slices and then arrange them on a plate.
- Add the cottage cheese to the centre of the plate.
- Add the soaked raisins and crushed pistachios onto the cottage cheese.
- Drizzle the leftover orange blossom and rose water onto the cottage cheese.
This recipe has been donated by Tamara Rammal.
Total calories: 91 kcal
Fat: 1.7 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Carbohydrate: 11.0 g
Total sugar: 10.0 g
Fibre: 1.7 g
Protein: 6.9 g
Salt: 0.24 g
- Low fat cottage cheese has been used to reduce the fat content of this recipe.
- It is a good source of protein.
- Another type of fruit can be used, such as nectarines or apples.
- Dairy-free cottage cheese can be used to make this vegan.
- Sultanas can be used instead of raisins.
- Pistachios can be omitted to make this nut-free.
- Flaked almonds are also a good variation on this dish.
© 2021 The Caroline Walker Trust