This extra-special iced tea is perfect on a summer’s day. It is light and refreshing without any added sugar. Simple to make and ideal for a special occasion.
Dietary: Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, lactose-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, nut-free, milk-free
Preparation time: 20 – 30 minutes
Cooking time: nil
8 peach flavoured tea bags
2 litres water, boiling
4 ripe peaches, cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
1 small bunch of fresh mint sprigs, roughly chopped
20 ice cubes
- Boil the water and fill a large 2.5-litre jug.
- Add the tea bags and stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove the tea bags, cover and allow the tea to cool to room temperature.
- While you are waiting for the tea to cool, cut the peaches in half and remove the stone.
- Slice each peach half into thin slices.
- Add the sliced peaches and mint to the cooled tea.
- Add half of the ice cubes and refrigerate.
- When serving, put ice into a glass, and pour over the ice.
This recipe has been donated by Kathy Lewis, a Registered Nutritionist
Total calories: 22.0 kcal
Fat: 0.0 g
Saturated Fat: 0.0 g
Carbohydrate: 4.2 g
Total sugar: 2.7 g
Fibre: 0.8 g
Protein: 0.6 g
Salt: 0.0 g
- This recipe is low in added, free, sugar. Any fruit sugar present is contained within the sliced fruit.
- If you wanted a sweeter peach and mint tea, you can add peach cordial (no sugar added) or you could caramelise the peach slices with a little honey, pulp the mixture after cooking and add it to the tea.
- Use different flavoured peach tea eg peach & cherry blossom, peach & orange, peach & green tea
- Use peaches tinned in water instead of fresh peaches.
- Use dried mint, mint tea or apple mint instead of fresh mint.
- Use peach cordial instead of peach flavoured tea bags.
© 2022 The Caroline Walker Trust