Easy and delicious snack.
Serves: 2 – 3 people
Dietary: Vegetarian, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Aubergine, cut into slices
2 Tablespoons feta cheese
1/2 Spicy pepper or red pepper
Olive oil spray
Sprinkle of salt
- Cut the aubergine lengthwise into medium slices.
- Prepare a baking tray. Spray it with olive oil and place the aubergine slices onto the tray. Spray them with olive oil and sprinkle a tiny sprinkle of salt on top.
- Bake for around 7 – 10 minutes or until softened.
In the meantime:
- Cut the red peppers into tiny cubes or mince the spicy pepper.
- Crumble the feta with the tiny cubes red pepper or the minced spicy pepper.
- Spray olive oil on the mixture if needed to make a bit creamy.
- Stuff the baked aubergine slices with a mixture and wrap it.
- Hold with a toothpick and enjoy your bites.
This recipe has been donated by Nourhan Barakat, Registered Associate Nutritionist
Total calories: 77 kcal
Fat: 2.9 g
Saturated Fat:1.8 g
Carbohydrate: 4.7 g
Total sugar: 4.4 g
Fibre: 3.4 g
Protein: 6.2 g
Salt: 0.63 g
© 2020 The Caroline Walker Trust