This chickpea salad full of colours and energizing flavours is a summer favourite in the Middle East. Because of the protein from the chickpeas, this salad is hearty enough on its own and will definitely leave you satisfied! With a mix of beans, herbs, and colourful veggies, you get a delicious blend of flavours in every bite!
Dietary: Vegetarian, Vegan, Lactose-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 0
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 medium red bell pepper
½ English cucumber
1 lemon, juice of
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp dried dill
1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Rinse the chickpeas and add to a big bowl.
- Wash all the vegetables and set them aside.
- Dice the red bell pepper and cucumber into small cubes and then add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, chopped mint, garlic, cumin, dill, molasses, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Serve cold.
This recipe has been donated by Tamara Rammal
Total calories: 144 kcal
Fat: 2.8 g
Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Total sugar: 6.9 g
Fibre: 5.3 g
Protein: 6.8 g
Salt: 0.02 g
- This recipe is high in vitamin C, mainly contributed mainly by pepper and cucumber. It is also a good source of folate.
- Olive oil has been omitted from this recipe to reduce the caloric content.
- This recipe is high in fibre and contains a good amount of protein.
- The pomegranate molasses is optional and can be omitted.
- 3 tsp of olive oil can be added to the recipe, and this will add an extra 30 kcal to each serving.