Protein-packed pre-prepared savoury snack.
Serves: 2 – 3 person
Dietary: Vegetarian, nut-free, peanut-free
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
1 medium potato grated and dried from water so not to stick to the bottom of the pan
1 1/2 cup chestnut mushrooms
1 – 2 cups (40 g) of coarsely chopped parsley and spinach
20 g grated cheddar cheese (opt for the less fat 50 or 30% less fat)
3 – 4 eggs
2 tablespoon low-fat milk or oat milk
4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Saute the finely chopped onion in 3 teaspoons of olive oil for 2 -3 minutes until softened.
- Add they dry-grated potato to the pan, saute for 7 minutes until they are golden yellow.
- In the meantime, saute the mushrooms in the saucepan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- Add the cooked potato, mushroom, parsley, cheddar cheese and spices.
- Spray the muffin tray with olive oil or use cupcake moulds.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the muffin tray.
- Bake it at 190o C for 25 minutes or until it puffed and beautifully browned.
- Leave it to cool for some minutes and enjoy your nutrient-loaded muffins.
This recipe has been donated by Nourhan Barakat, Registered Associate Nutritionist
Per serving: *
Total calories: 308 kcal
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
Carbohydrate: 23 g
Total sugar: 3.1 g
Added sugar: 0.0 g
Fibre: 5.2 g
Protein: 18 g
Salt: 0.55 g
* Using oak milk
To boost your afternoon, choose protein-packed snacks between meals. Protein-rich meals will keep you full and energetic for a longer time.
© 2020 The Caroline Walker Trust