Always served at Middle Eastern gatherings or parties, there is genuinely nothing more straightforward to prepare than this crunchy and fresh traditional Lebanese snack. It’s full of flavour, highly nutritious, and weight-loss friendly!
Dietary: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-free, Milk-free. Contains
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0
2 carrots, large
1 tsp cumin
1/2 lemon, juice of
Salt, pinch, optional
- Wash the carrots well and peel the outer layer.
- Cut off both ends of each carrot and discard.
- Cut the carrots into half and then slice the halves into thin sticks lengthways (approximately 6 – 8 cm long).
- Place the carrot sticks in a container and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Add the cumin. Mix the carrots with the seasoning and serve.
This recipe has been donated by Tamara Rammal.
Total calories: 63 kcal
Fat: 0.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
Carbohydrate: 11 g
Total sugar: 10 g
Fibre: 5.2 g
Protein: 0.6 g
Salt: 0.5 g
- This recipe is very high in vitamin A and offers a good source of fibre.
- This recipe has a low calorie and fat content.