These frozen yoghurt barks are colourful healthy snacks, refreshing and perfect for summer. It can be made with a variety of fruits.
Dietary: Vegetarian, egg-free, wheat-free, gluten-free,
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 4 hours
500 g of plain yoghurt or soy yoghurt for a dairy-free version
1 tablespoon honey
Fresh fruit (strawberry, raspberry, blueberries etc)
A mixture of chopped nuts or dried fruit
- In a bowl mix the yoghurt with the honey and stir.
- Evenly spread the dough onto a tray covered with baking paper.
- Garnish with fresh or dried fruit and the mix of nuts.
- Store in the freezer for around 4 hours.
- Cut the bars using a knife.
This recipe has been donated by Francesca Straniero, Registered Associate Nutritionist
Total calories: 38 kcal
Fat: 1.1 g
Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
Carbohydrate: 4.6 g
Total sugar: 4.6 g
Free sugar: 0 g
Fibre: 0.7 g
Protein: 2.0 g
Salt: 0.07 g
This snack is a great source of potassium (around 240mg/100g) that contributes to our daily potassium requirement and has low sugar content.
- For a vegan version use soya yoghurt or any other dairy-free yoghurt.
- For a nut-free recipe, use dried fruit instead of nuts.
© 2020 The Caroline Walker Trust