Galette is a traditional cake from Northern France. This rustic version made with peaches is perfect as a summer snack, being fresh and light.
Dietary: Vegetarian, Vegan, egg-free, nut-free,
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30- 40 minutes
250 g whole-wheat flour (or white flour)
40 g cane sugar (or white sugar)
120 ml oil
15 ml water
2 – 3 ripe peaches
- Preheat the oven at 180o C.
- In a large bowl mix together the dried ingredients (flour and sugar).
- Add the water and oil.
- Mix until the dough is smooth and let the dough set in the fridge (covered with cling film) for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough over a baking paper (NB the dough is quite fragile and tends to crumble, but it is normal).
- Cut the peaches into small slices and place them in the middle of your dough.
- Close the flaps and brush the top with some milk.
- Bake at 180o C for around 30 – 40 minutes.
This recipe has been donated by Francesca Straniero, Registered Associate Nutritionist
Total calories: 139 kcal
Fat: 0.7 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrate: 27 g
Total sugar: 7.3 g
Free sugar: 5.0 g
Fibre: 3.8 g
Protein: 4.2 g
Salt: 0.00 g
This version has a reduced content of sugar and has a low-fat content.
- Gluten-free version: substitute wheat flour with rice flour or any certified gluten-free flour.
- You can use different types of fruits, such as berries or stone fruits including plums, nectarines and apricots.
- For more flavour you can add fresh mint leaves.
© 2020 The Caroline Walker Trust