This recipe is similar to the Hasselback potatoes for how it is presented. You only need a baguette, some mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and herbs. Perfect for a picnic in summer.
Serves: 12 portions
Preparation time: less than 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
Total time: 40 – 45 minutes
Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- With a knife create superficial cuts, there should be 2 – 3 cm between one cut and another.
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella into slices.
- Insert the tomatoes ad mozzarella slices into the cuts.
- Sprinkle on top oregano and fresh basil.
- Bake the baguettes for around 20 – 2 minutes – be careful not to burn them.
- Serve piping hot.
This recipe has been donated by Francesca Straniero, Registered Associate Nutritionist
Total calories: 171 kcal
Fat: 7.0 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Total sugar: 2.9 g
Fibre: 1.2 g
Protein: 9.1 g
Salt: 0.62 g
© 2021 The Caroline Walker Trust